Monday, December 15, 2008

An adult? Me? (Living Is Simple)

I've spent the past few weeks denying to everyone that I'm adult, brushing off compliments and comments.
Mainly because I don't feel like it. The only adult thing I see about myself is the finishing of HS and being in College.
Other than that? I still depend on my parents and everything else that goes with being a teenager.
but I've also let myself be a teenager. I forgot for really bad moments that I should be relying on facts and on God and just..bad timing for getting emotional about something.
The more I look at it or think about it, letting emotions rule is horrible.
Especially anger. And the things that go with it.
Maybe, back before, I could not think and use it to cover my sadness or loneliness or whatever, and use it in some way. But now? It just feels horrible, eating me up inside and causing actions that I regret and make me feel like Ive some kind of hangover the next day.
I am the kind of person that, in high school, learned the lessons after the huge mistake. More and more I've done better, grown up, but times like these, When I slip the slightest, it never feels good.

Geez, is this what being a teenager was? One emotion from one thing..that sends you into a chain or reactions that are emotions and feelings? I want to say I'm so over that and past it, but it even just sounds teenagery.

But the truth is, I am ready to let it go and I am past it. It's scary to look back and let go of things, to just grow up and not see it until people say something, but it's happening. To all of us.

at some point a while ago in the whole of me turning my life around, I realized how certain things in the past wouldv'e have been drama that I would walk away from and how now It's just life I deal with daily.
When and how did that happen? Why do we never notice ourselves growing up? Yet the group of friends at church and school, the family you see a couple times a year, they can't get over it.
But us ourselves, we wish and wish to grow up, to leave a place we are, and we never realize how much we've changed in the past month or few weeks.

Life is simple. God intended it that way. Gave us everything we need (Him) and gave us the free will to choose what we wanted out of our options.
Life simple and should be that way. We should be able to just rest on the facts and God's truth and trust him wholly. To be able to get mad or sad or whatever for 10 minutes, say "I'm sorry" and let it go.
But feelings do exist and get in the way, and we have drama and consequences to stupid actions.
And maybe, is we can't live completely simple, we should just be adult about it. feelings included, but well-maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment