Friday, October 9, 2009

C-c-c-changes

Currently: getting slightly frustrated at youtube. bah.

I have slightly big news.


I have a job. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It is not sign-spinning (like I started originally looking for), at a grocery store (where my friend wants me to work with her) or even at a fast-food type place (thank goodness).
It is babysitting.

Im like, an official babysitter now. i find that cool for some reason.
Anyway-here's the story. I was online, looking for stuff and found this site, sittercity.com. So I made a profile for child care and pet care and something else and just daily looked at and applied for jobs that people posted.
Well, after a few weeks, I was finally able to find one. For a couple-basically a mom going back to school who just needs someone to watch the kids a couple days a week while she studies and runs errands and such.
Tomorrow I finish my first week there.
I love it. I think I've just had an attachment to kids lately.
And my life this week is filled with them. I've been babysitting and this month Im teaching kids church. And then Saturday I get to hang with the church kids at their Kids convention thing.

I have to tell you-its tiring. Beyond tiring. I want like a whole week to sleep and not worry about kids and homework-but I love it so much. Kids are such a blessing.

Anyways. Not much else-just super busy with school-or more namely, the homework from my classes. But its mostly going well, and Ive fallen into a pretty good routine of managing it all.
Which is better than a couple weeks ago, when I was just plain out stressed and feeling super-depressed.
Im mostly better now.
Been writing in my journal alot, kind of going through my own persona therapy/counseling.

I guess-what else? Went to a concert tonight.Jon Foreman.
ah, so happy. I needed a concert fix. And then there's Switchfoot concerts in November (But at the same time as thanksgiving and my cousin's wedding-oh the busyness!!!)
not much else.=) Just school, work, church, friends, kids, music, and of course God.

I dont think I wouldve gotten through lately without God. =)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job - your "offical-ness" sounds awesome :P
    I just keep imagining those pictures of you at a baseball game or something pulling funny faces at children ahaha.

    Hope Jono concert was good too.
    (what am I saying, I bet it was good ahha.)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete