Friday, October 30, 2009

Of Trains, Barbie Dolls, Switchfoot, and more.

Currently: listening to a youtube play list.

So. Story time? Story time. I went to Fullerton on Sunday cause my friend had this extra ticket to go see the play RENT. It was good. I liked it. We had fun being goofs and such. Monday morning-go to train station-but ticket to go home.
Now usually, I just ride Amtrak cause I know the scheadule and its easier. But Metrolink is cheaper.
Metrolink said they had train at that time.
Metrolink lied.
Amy had to call her mom to buy and Amtrak ticket online to get her home cause buying the Metrolink ticket took the last of her money.

Grrr.
I was annoyed. I had that small freak-out moment where I almost cried in public. I hate running out of money.
But all is well I guess.
I really like and love trains and riding them is such but Metrolink is such a pain int he rear-end. Whatever.

So then-Monday night-I had work (yes I know-just babysitting but it is regular and I get paid-i is my my job and work and yes im done defending that word. Heh)
I get there and the little 4-year old wants me to play with her and her barbie dolls.
So I do. So me her and her 2 yr old brother are sitting on their bedroom floor playing with them and Im dressing the barbie dolls cause it bugs the crap out of me when theyre naked. Heh.
And Im getting annoyed.
First off-Barbies pants are low. I dont remember them being low when I had them. And some of the dresses wouldnt only close a certain way in that the plastic boobs were like hanging out or the dress wouldnt close and that irked me. I mean-seriously? What is the message theyre sending??
And the final thing? She had a Belle barbie doll. Very pretty. Loved it. But-why oh why oh why-it was skiiinnnnnnyyyy. Really?
I remember Belle (the character) as this, yes petite, but curvy girl. Beautiful. wanted to be her.
And this doll was almost looking anorexic. Ugh.

I really hate that.
And not just because I'll ever be skinny like that. I like that im bigger and ahve more curves.
Heh. tangents. Moving on.


For those who dont know-Switchfoot has this new album coming out (Hello Hurricane, Nov 10). Ive pre-ordered, listening to recordings and previews of the new songs. Im pamped.(amped+pumped).
They redesigned their site. (Switchfoot.com)
hey put up a Bro-Am pic form this year. that I was at.
Im in that picture.
TWICE.
Heh. Im excited. Im happy.
There's a lot more going on, But Id just direct you to landofbrokenhearts.org and http://www.wereawakening.blogspot.com/ for all of that.=D

Okay-I know I know-long post.
But I havent posted for like two weeks. Heh.

I think though-theyre will be a short post tomorrow. A halloween memory if you will. And next month-well maybe I'll try and post more regurly like I used to. Heh.
Alright. Going to Michaels and then working tonight.
Busy busy life-But a good life!

1 comment:

  1. I keep noticing that barbie dolls today seem skinnier than they were when I was little. Maybe I'm crazy but it really seems that way. :P

    ReplyDelete