Monday, March 8, 2010

Just because we cant see the silver lining-doesnt mean it isnt there.

Im sure we've all heard that phrase.
"The silver lining". Heck, I've got Relient K songs stuck in my head with that phrase.

As busy as my life is lately, my heart stills feels for Chelsea King and Amber Dubois.

Because here's the thing-it was a terrible terrible thing that happened to Chelsea. I dont think anybody could see the good in it.
Shortly after they found her body my mom mentioned that in the past year-because of Amber, that other girls that looked like her had been found.
Silver Lining: Others ARE being found.

And then there was a small silver lining after Chelsea's death. Amber's case got attention again.
People came with tips and leads that they'd never told.
There was hope again.

They found Amber's remains.
She died-probably the same way Chelsea did.

It made me sad.
But at the same time-at least her family can rest now and peace knowing what happened.
Yes, there will be mourning for a while-but isnt it better to know?

My mom agreed with me-it was sad that the only way her case got attention was through another girls death.
It took another girls disappearance and death to find a girl who had disappeared and died over a year ago.

Is that really a silver lining?
Is this really what God intended?

I doubt it.
I remember this thought that all the bad in this world doesn't happen because of God-its because of us.
We are the sinners, not him.
Bad is merely the absence of good.

But there's a bigger thing - we dont always see God's plan.
Sometimes a disaster-such as a fire or earthquake is needed to bring people together.

I am a believer in the silver lining-there has to be hope in everything.
There has to be some good come out of it.

And so, when my mom opened my door last night and told me Amber's body was found-my mind jumped to a conclusion.
There has to be other girls that are being found that we dont know about.

We cannot see the silver lining all the time.
It could be others being found.
It could tougher laws being made and passed.
There has to be something.

Its not as easy as seeing the sun break through the clouds when its been raining all day.
Photobucket
It was raining all day yesterday and I saw this cloud. You can see the full darkness on one side, the heaviness of the rain.
But It wasnt just that, its the lightness and reflection of the sun on the other side is what caught me.

There is hope all the midst of the worlds recent tragedy.
How could we believe otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment