Friday, March 26, 2010

Reasons 24, 400, and 395...

...why I like Switchfoot.

1. New podcast. So. Much. Fun.

2. They announced their new single: The Sound. Great fun fantastic song. (If you havent heard it-go listen to it here. Buy it here.)

3. Jon is writing genius. He just wrote this article for the Huffington Post. 9He's wirtten 2 or 3 others before).

"Maybe truth is not something that I can possess. Maybe truth is something which possesses me."

I look at the words now scrawled on the back of my hand. I think it over and look away. The clouds are turning colors, blue, grey, green, purple. The sun is setting off somewhere behind me. It's my favorite time of day. I look back at my hand and read the idea again.

"Maybe truth is something which possesses me."

To be possessed by truth rather than the other way round is a thought that goes against much of what I have been taught. In fact, most of my education has been presented as a growing accumulation of truth. Throughout public school, I was graded on my comprehension of the facts. The higher grades were awarded to those who really owned the material.



Great stuff. Read it.

Anyways. Thats all today kiddies. Love you much.

No comments:

Post a Comment