Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hurt.

I wrote in my last post about things that were heavy on my mind and heart.

How it hurt me.

It still hurts.

It hurts that, not only locally where I life have there been so many girls, girls in such prime, to just go vanishing, but all over the country.
All over the world. My friend Job wrote about how there are so many more Chelsea King's out there and its insane how little attention they got, how much she got.

Did it really have to happen this many times on such a level to get our attention?

To not only have them vanish but to find them, find dead bodies..and find signs of rape and molestation and just know they went through this horrible thing before passing for...what?
A killers self-delusions? Selfish wants?

It frightens and scares me.

Im not just talking about the rape, which is a fear, but to go through that kind of horror and not be able to send some kind of message out after...to not be able let your family have peace right away.

It hurts them.
It hurts all of us.

Maybe its cause I wear my heart on my sleeve, but knowing these people hurt, it hurts me.

I sympathize. I find small ways to empathize.

And then to think, thats not the only wrong in our world.
There's these natural disasters that break your heart to see how much help is needed, and how little we give.

Haiti was ONLY a month ago.
Hurricane Katrina was over a couple years ago-there are STILL people recovering from that.
I live in area where there are fires almost every fall. People have to recover from lost things every. single. year.

Why are we forgetting about Haiti so quickly?

They NEED help.
I read this blog by Anne Jackson and she went down there two weeks ago.

Not only did she go help, but she's going back.

It's the same with Chile and the recent tsunami warnings and every other natural disaster- We freak out, try to help how we can, hope and pray, and then...forget?

Shouldnt these be things on our mind??

My friend Lee wrote this:

R.I.P. Chelsea King

I didn't even know her, but my heart breaks for her. No one should have to go like that. NO ONE. It just makes me so sick. She had everything going for her. She was beautiful. She was talented. She was loved. But one selfish man took all of that away from her. I can't even express how angry this makes me. This world is jacked up. Rapists deserve the death penalty.

Then again, so do I.

All this hurt, all this stuff in the world does come back to us.
We all sin.

We all hurt.

We mess up.

Its hard for me to see the light somedays and with all this hurt, its been hard.

But then I read this today.
I hope you’re not holding a boomerang right now. I hope there’s not a boomerang that’s swallowed your life whole in it’s awfulness, but if there is, know this, you’ve got a God who loves you. A God who can’t wait to be gracious. A God who forgives boomerangs.
Our sin comes back to us.
Natural disasters dont go away for good.

BUT GOD STILL LOVES US DESPITE THAT.

And that..that is all I can ask for, and more then I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment