Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our world needs prayer.

I just tweeted this but..it couldnt fit into 140 characters and my thoughts go farther.

My heart hurts for Haiti and Chile and Chelsea King tonight. Im too stunned how how our world goes to one tragedy to start to recover and see another. But Im selfish too. Im going to need so much prayer to be able to get all my homework done this week. I cant even laugh it. And then theres the selfish me that hates long-distance in my life. It just all makes me sad. Our world needs so much prayer.


--"My heart hurts for Haiti and Chile and Chelsea King tonight"
I dont have the money or time to give to the devastating natural disasters that seem to literally rock our world so I pray. Its sad. To see one event, to still be recovery, and just...be hit by another?
It makes me sad, makes me wonder why its happening.
And Chelsea King.
Went missing in Poway. I have friends in LA tryin to get her home. I went to downtown san Diego and today and people were posting flyers.
Another local girl went missing a year ago. It freaks me out, makes me sick, sad, and worried that these girls are just disappearing. That whole communities are putting out so much time and effort to find..what? A shoe?

I pray God brings them home and brings their families peace.

--"
But Im selfish too. Im going to need so much prayer to be able to get all my homework done this week. I cant even laugh it."
Maybe its time management or something but I have projects and essays due this week and others I have to start on this week.
I feel like seeing my friends before my birthday, taking a break then...I cant decide if it was good or bad. Should I have been preparing for this? Or was it good that I saw my own little world or people before being crushed by homework again?
Im feeling the need to shut down things like twitter and facebook and things.

My focus is on school this week. I will find some way to get it all done. (even if it means no sleep and lots of coffee.)

--"
And then theres the selfish me that hates long-distance in my life."
Well, another part of selfish me.
My closest friends know. too many relationships in my life are hindered by the fact that...we dont live the same county, state, country.
There are nights Im just..sick of it. Esp lately. I love you all so much.

--"
It just all makes me sad. Our world needs so much prayer."

Here's the big point. The bigger thing.

Our world needs God.

Its just that simple.
We need prayer.
We need love.
We need to God to be more present in our lives.

We need to start being better examples of Jesus. Better examples of Christ's love.


I cant look at the sadness and the worst of the world things and even my own personal things and not think that.
We NEED him.

Im praying my heart and my life out for all of this. I hope you are too.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with this post. i just feel sad about everything because i cant do anything! last night i was thinking about the chelsea king thing and how i cant do anything bc i am halfway across the country. it saddens me. and our world does need God. God is always there just we need to trust in Him more. even myself. i know i dont trust in Him as much as i should or pray as much as i should. "My God, what a world You love"

    ReplyDelete