Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Free concert and what Q-Tips really are.

“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.~Groucho Marx

Today was fairly low key.
I paid some school fees, bought a textbook (okay my mom paid for this. THANKS MOM), and then downloaded things.

And my best friend T (yes, I am going to refer to him as T) texted me.
One of our favourite bands, Apocalyptica, had a concert in St. Louis tonight and it was to be streamed live online.
For free.

So tonight, I got to spend an hour watching them perform and squeeing over their cellos and hair. (and tattoos...)

Other than that? I got nothing.
Wanted to get in one last post for August.

OH. Here.
9 bits of Q-tip trivia and a question.
1. Q-tips were invented by Leo Gerstenzang in the 1920′s.
2. He started the “Leo Gerstenzang Infant Novelty Company” to sell his new product…
6. Eventually Gerstenzang changed the name to “Q-tip Baby Gays.”
7. The Q stands for quality, which is a pretty boring explanation, if you ask me.
8. He later dropped the “Baby Gays.”
Now, one question:
Can you think of any other product that says on the packaging to not use it in the way that most everybody will?



I mean. Seriously now. We all do it.

2 comments:

  1. T? Really? Heh.

    But, yes, the concert was amazing. I would have loved to see the encore, but alas, it is nice to want.

    And I am your best friend? *Squeak of Joy*

    I do chuckle to myself, I make these comments and never check for a reply. Mind texting me whatever you reply with?

    *Another Squeak of Joy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you went to bed before I posted this. :P
    Ha. You do.
    Maybe I'll text you...maybe not :P
    AND YES T. Cause I gotta get your identity secret y'know...

    ReplyDelete