Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Doctor Who Meme. Day 1. Favourite Qoute.

So today starts my 30 day thing!

Favourite Doctor Who quote.
I'm just gonna post multiple cause choosing just one??

Psh. Please...

The Doctor: No! 'Cause this is what I'm going to do: I'm going to rescue her! I'm going to save Rose Tyler from the middle of the Dalek fleet! And then I'm going to save the Earth! And then, just to finish off, I'm going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky!
Dalek: BUT-YOU-HAVE-NO-WEAPONS! NO-DE-FEN-SES! NO-PLAN!
The Doctor: Yeah! And doesn't that scare you to death? Rose?
Rose: Yes, Doctor?
The Doctor: I'm coming to get you.

The Doctor: I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up.

The Doctor: These human beings. Consider their potential. From the day they arrive on the planet and blinking step into the sun. There is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than-- no, hold on...(pauses, thinking) Sorry, that's 'The Lion King'. But the point still stands. Leave them alone!
-HE FREAKIN QUOTES LION KING PEOPLE.

The Doctor: You want weapons? We're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world. (He puts his glasses on.) This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself.

The Doctor: Just a nightmare, Reinette, don't worry about it. Everyone has nightmares. Even monsters from under the bed have nightmares, don't you, monster?
Young Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
The Doctor: Me, ha!

The Doctor: There's one tiny little gap in the universe left, just about to close. And it takes a lot of power to send this projection, I'm in orbit around a super nova. (laughs softly) I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye.
-The sweetest thing the Doctor's ever done. I swear. I want a boy to burn up a sun for me!

The Doctor: Books! People never really stop loving books. 51st century. By now you've got holovids, direct to brain downloads, fiction mist, but you need the smell. The smell of books, Donna. Deep breath. The Library. So big it doesn't need a name. Just a great big "the." ...It's a world. Literally a world. The whole core of the planet is the index computer, biggest hard drive ever. And up here, every book ever written. Whole continents of Jeffrey Archer, Bridget Jones, Monty Python's Big Red Book. Brand new editions, specially printed. We're near the equator, so... (he licks his finger then lifts it up to feel the wind) this must be Biographies! I love biographies!
-Yes I have slight love of the Doctor and his love of libraries and books.

Donna: Who are you?
The Doctor: I'm the Doctor. You?
Donna: Donna.
The Doctor: (looks her up and down) Human?
Donna: Yeah. Is that optional?
The Doctor: Well, it is for me.

Shakespeare: This is just a theatre.
The Doctor: Oh, but a theatre’s magic, isn’t it? You should know. Stand on this stage, say the right words with the right emphasis a the right time... Oh, you can make men weep, or cry with joy, change them. You can change people’s minds just with words in this place. And if you exaggerate that...

The Doctor: I’m old enough to know that a longer life isn’t always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tried of watching everything turn to dust. (squats beside Lazarus) If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you end up alone.
Lazarus: That’s a price worth paying.
The Doctor: Is it?

Captain Jack: All the legends of Gallifrey made it sound so perfect.
The Doctor: (musing) Well, perfect to look at, maybe. And it was, it was beautiful. They used to call it the Shining World of the Seven Systems. And on the continent of Wild Endeavour, in the mountains of Solace and Solitude, there stood the Citadel of the Time Lords. The oldest and most mighty race in the universe. Looking down on the galaxies below, sworn never to interfere, only to watch. Children of Gallifrey were taken from their families at the age of eight, to enter the Academy. Some say that's where it all began, when he was a child. That's when the Master saw eternity. As a novice, he was taken for initiation. He stood in front of the Untempered Schism. It's a gap in the fabric of reality through which could be seen the whole of the vortex. We stand there, eight years old, staring at the raw power of Time and Space, just a child. Some would be inspired. Some would run away. And some would go mad. (beat) Oh, I dunno.
Martha: What about you?
The Doctor: Oh, the ones that ran away! I never stopped.

Amy Pond: Something old, something new, something borrowed... something blue.

Rory: [Watching the TARDIS appear] It's the Doctor! How could we forget the Doctor?
[Fading into the background as Amy climbs over the table and walks to the TARDIS]
Rory: I was plastic... He was a stripper at my stag... Long story.
Amy Pond: [Knocking on the door of the TARDIS] OK Doctor, did I surprise you this time?
The Doctor: [Opening the door wearing a formal morning suit] Eh, yeah, completly astonished. Never expected that!

The Doctor: Amy, only one thought, one simple instruction: don't follow me under any circumstances.
[Runs off]
Amy Pond: I won't.
Vincent Van Gogh: Will you follow him?
Amy Pond: Of course.
Vincent Van Gogh: I love you.
-This may have been my favourite episode ever.

The Doctor: The last time, with Martha, it got complicated. And that was all my fault. I just want a mate.
Donna Noble: You just want to mate?
The Doctor: I just want *a* mate!
Donna Noble: You're not matin' with me Sunshine!
The Doctor: A mate! I want *a* mate!
Donna Noble: Well, just as well, because I'm not having any of that nonsense! I mean, you're just a long streak of nothing, y'know, alien nothing!
*cackles*
That always makes me laugh.

Okay. 15 quotes is like..good enough for the day.
Right?

I could do 15 an hour. Honestly.

anyways.
OH.
2 MORE THINGS.
Mostly cause I dont wanna make another blog post.

I want this shirt. Closer up images of it here.

AND AND AND.
Zoe Keating is finally going to be doing a concert near me in October. I might die.
So excited.

5 comments:

  1. Heheh, awesome quotes.

    My favourite Doctor quotes come from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnrw9IlgWLc
    I mean he's not he Doctor there, but its still funny :P


    Ooh, and I also love it in the Christmas Invasion after Doctor regenerates into Tennant he goes:
    The Doctor: Am I... ginger?
    Rose: No, you're just sort of... brown.
    The Doctor: [disappointed] Aw, I wanted to be ginger! I've never been ginger! And you, Rose Tyler! Fat lot of good you were! You gave up on me! [Rose looks annoyed] Ooh, that's rude. Is that the sort of man I am now? Am I rude? Rude and not ginger.

    hehe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! There are really so many good quotes out there. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    I, too, absolutely adore the Christmas Invasion episode. David Tennant *is* the Doctor for me, and that episode pretty much sums up why.
    I have yet to watch the End of Time, and then season 5 with the new Doctor, but I have a hard time thinking that he will come close to Tennant's amazingness. :)

    And can I just say again how awesome this whole post is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mellie-YOU WATCH DW? Woot!!!
    Haha. Love that episode. The highlariousness of Cassandra!Rose and Cassandra!Doctor.
    And yes. Christmas Invasion - on of Tennant's best.

    Miss G - thanks!!!

    Erin - teehee. Thanks dear. And the new Doctor is..no Tennant. Tennant will always be my doctor too but..the new one is...simply put...a ball of energy. the phrase physical comedy comes to mind with him.

    ReplyDelete