Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembrance.

9-11.

I can't say Happy Patriots Day or whatever the official national name of this holiday is.
Because its not happy.
Because it's not anything like that.

I grew up seeing 911 and thought emergency. I was taught by my parents - thats what you call in emergencies. Thats what you need.

9 years ago today I was 11 years old.
And I woke up and went to middle school to find that my country had been attacked.
In my lifetime.

I felt shocked and confused. All the teachers at school watched all us warily. We were in middle school.
Should we have known what happened? Could we have?

I don't anybody in this country knew.
9 years later and we've been through a war. A war that was always apparent or visible but effects are slowly showing.
In our politics and government and personal lives.
In our hearts.

9 years ago people's lives were lost. People who died for us not knowing they would.
And it didn't stop there.
9 years ago changed 3 little numbers forever.

This day 9 years ago made us remember and take stock of things.
It made part of our world fall apart, but it also brought us closer together.

I know I'll remember forever.
I will never forget.
God Bless us all.


*note: I am almost done with my DW picspam thing but I felt this was more appropriate for what today is*

1 comment: