Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Doctor Who Meme - Day 05 – Your Favourite Companion

OH HEY WE LIVED THROUGH THAT LONG DAY 4.
Heh.

Okay. Having watched all the latest 5 seasons since February or so, I didn't think it would be easy to pick a favourite companion.
But as always, my biasness rules and makes it easy.

Favorite Who Companion - Amy Pond

Amelia (Young Amy): Dear Santa, thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish. It's Easter now, so I hope I didn't wake you but... honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall. Aunt Shy says it's just an ordinary crack, but I know its not cause at night there's voices so... please please can you send someone to fix it? Or a policeman, or...
[Amy trails off hearing the sound of the TARDIS crashing into her garden] Back in a moment. [Amy runs to her window and sees the "Police Public Call Box] Thank you Santa.

The Doctor: I'm not 6 months late, I'm 12 years late!
Amy: He's coming!
The Doctor: Why did you say 6 months?!
Amy: We've got to go!
The Doctor: This matters! This is important. Why did you say 6 months?
Amy: WELL WHY DID YOU SAY 5 MINUTES?!
The Doctor: What? What?
Amy: Come on!
The Doctor: What?!
The Doctor: You're Amelia!
Amy: You're late.
The Doctor: ...Amelia Pond, you're the little girl!
Amy: I'm Amelia, and you're late.
The Doctor: What happened?
Amy: Twelve years.
The Doctor: You hit me with a cricket bat.
Amy: Twelve years!
The Doctor: A cricket bat!
Amy: Twelve years and four psychiatrists.
The Doctor: Four?
Amy: I kept biting them.
The Doctor: Why?
Amy: They said you weren't real.

"What if you were really old and really kind and alone? Your whole race dead, no future, what couldn't you do then? If you were that old and that kind and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand there and watch children cry."

Amy: Hey, look at this. Got my spaceship, got my boys. My work here is done.
Rory: Pfft, we are not her boys.
The Doctor: Yeah we are.
Rory: ...yeah we are

The Doctor: Amy, only one thought. One simple instruction: Don't follow me under any circumstances.
Amy: I won't
(The Doctor enters the church)
Vincent Van Gogh: Will you follow him?
Amy: Of course!
Vincent Van Gogh: I love you.

Amy: I'm sorry you're so sad.
Vincent Van Gogh: I'm not. These moods torment me for weeks, for months, but I'm good now. If Amy Pond can soldier on, then so can Vincent Van Gogh.
Amy: I'm not "soldiering on". I'm fine.
Vincent Van Gogh: Oh, Amy. I hear the song of your sadness. You've lost someone, I think.
Amy: I'm not sad.
Vincent Van Gogh: Then why are you crying? It's alright. I understand.
Amy: I'm not sure I do.

Amy: When I was a kid, I had an imaginary friend. The raggedy doctor. My raggedy doctor. But he wasnt imaginary. He was real. I remember you. I remember! I brought the others back, I can bring you home too. Raggedy man, I remember you and you are late for my weeding! I found you, I found you in words like you knew I would. That's why you told me the story of the brand new ancient blue box. Oh, clever, very clever.
Rory: Amy, what is it?
Amy: Something old, something new, something borrowed...something blue.













shessogorgeous.andsmart.andfunny.ANDSHEHASMYNAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment