Thursday, September 30, 2010

Doctor Who Meme - Day 14 – The Villain Who Scared You the Most

And we continue on with the theme that the best villians are in my favourite episodes.

BTW, Im telling you now, its not Daleks. Just because the Doctor and Jack have issues with them..not me.
And not even Cybermen!
I know, right?

Anybody guessing?

Okay. I'll tell you.

The Vashta Nerada.
I dub you DW Nerd if you know off the top of your head which episodes they appear in
(If you dont - Silence In The Library/Forest of the Dead)

I know they scare me the most for two reasons.
1. Childhood fears.
Maybe its largely due to studying more pyschcology npw, but I've never really gotten over my fear of the dark.
And that's what this monster/villian is. Its dark and its shadow and it kills you so so quickly.

2. Circumstancial.
The day I watched these episodes I later went out with my college group and we played laser tag.

I watched two hours on these monsters that kill you in shadow and then I went and played in the dark.

Smart Amy.
heheheh

Oh BTW, awesome site here that has directory of all the villians and mosters of Doctor who with their reasons for being a villian. I love it.

See you tomorrow. With tumblrness.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the title of this post I knew right away who I would choose as the scariest villain. It ended up being the one you chose, and my reason is pretty much the same as your #1 reason there. GAH Doctor Who writers did a great job here choosing something 1) common and 2) a really common fear (the dark), and making into this totally memorable, freaky, awesome-in-a-really-scary-way villain.

    ReplyDelete