Thursday, January 15, 2009

Time just flies by..

Today, okay technically yesterday, has been six years since I had back surgery. The surgery was to correct my scoliosis (born with it) by attaching metal rods to my back. It's permanent and I've lived with it since.
I think the only big things about it to are the fact that my scar makes me feel like my back is cut in half and that I'm not a hunchback because I did have this surgery.

Whenever this turns around, I always start thinking about where I've been in my life since then. And it's been crazy. But maybe that's cause its been my teenage years. I mean, I was a month and some days from thirteen when I had this surgery. I was young, but not too scared. I think it's something about that age of twelve. I wasn't scared. I was as courageous as could be and knew I'd be fine. If I had had that surgery done at 16, 17 I've wouldv'e been freaking out. I mean, those were years my faith was not as strong. Those were years I wasn't sure of almost anything. Twelve, thirteen, I was just this kid that believed and had faith and worked hard.
Then enter high school and the summer before that, my world almost just crashing completely changing in every way it cold.
From that summer till Nov of 07 is such a blur of me fighting change and just not knowing anything. And then at 17 years old, I went back to whop I was at twelve. But more grown and evolved. And now I'm almost nineteen. I just got the concept of 18! Yet I'm growing and changing, as is many parts of my life-school, getting a job, friends moving, church changing.
It's crazy.
But it's really the first time since that young age in that hospital room that I've been content and happy and knowing everything is going to fine no mater what.
It's a time where my faith is strong and it's not breaking or hiding but I'm wearing it proudly and fighting those spiritual battles the way I need to and am supposed to.

It's a strange time.
Each year gets more challenging but better too. Last year, 2008, I could look at one way and say I lost a friend and a grandfather. And God had me doing stuff I was scared out of my mind to do. A lot of people I loved either left my church or moved away or went to college for a while. It was a big year. But big in happiness too. I am so much closer to my mom. And my friends and I are tight. I finally finished high school, a semester late but i did it. I moved into college group, knowing someday maybe I'd be back in the youth group in a different way. I got to have a white Christmas! I got to visit my aunt and uncle in Arizona and my grandma up in Neveada, and had the chance to say goodbye to my Grandpa for one last time, something i didn't get with my dad's dad at fourteen.

Life is insanely crazy, but even just two weeks into this new year, i know it's gonna be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Why people still use to read news pаpегѕ when in thіs technological
    globe аll is acсessible on web?

    Vіsit my blοg post; http://www.tensunitsforpain.com
    My webpage - tens units

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thіs design is incгediblе! You mоst certainly know how to kееp a reader amusеd.

    Between your wit аnd уour viԁeoѕ, I waѕ аlmost moved to
    start my own blog (well, almost...HаНа!
    ) Wοnderful job. I really loveԁ what you had tо say, and more thаn that, how you
    presentеd it. Too cool!

    Review mу web pаge; taxi service irving

    ReplyDelete