Friday, February 27, 2009

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”

"The American idea of love is ridiculous. It's a fantasy, a fairytale. It's based on goals that cannot be achieved and fantasies that don't exist." -Frank Zappa

I grew up on movies made by Disney. It was the era Disney was doing great with those great kid's movies that are classics. So from a young age, I wished for that fairytale romance. For things to work out perfectly with the perfect guy.
It's not possible.
Not the whole finding true love and the perfect guy, that is-the finding it by trying-it doesn't work that way.
I've thought I've found "the one" before. And had my heartbroken badly. My life flipped upside down and twisted and turned many different ways.
And I've gotten to my points of "It'll never happen" and "I hate guys". So many times.

A lot of people I know I have.
But...we shouldn't give up hope.
I mean...fairy tales scare me. Badly.
The whole idea of perfection and having to go through trouble and then ending up with this person that God hand-picked for you. Scares me to death. I always thought there was a hidden reason the movies ended with the wedding and just being with each other and nothing else.
But then ... I really thought about it. And...isn't that what always happens? We live our lives, go through things, change, learn, grow, grow, grow.
And then this person shows up in our lives.
I mean..it hasn't happened to me. Yet. Maybe it has. Maybe I know the guy and mind is too freaked out over my past hurts and other things to really see it.
But that doesn't mean I should give up hope.
Yes, the idea of a fairytale is ridiculous. Crazy. Insane.
whoever created the idea should be put away.

But..it's the best idea ever. True love in it's perfect form with the perfect person. Yes, there are many many imperfections but that's what makes it work.
“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”-C.S.Lewis.
Lewis didn't write Chronicles of Narnia until his fifties. And didn't marry until after then too.

No shouldn't freak out or give up hope about love and things on that matter and level. But it's hard to do.
But then again...anything that is right is the difficult path. We have to fight for what we love and for what really matters and has better value.

No comments:

Post a Comment