Monday, March 23, 2009

'Cause after loving you I can never be the same

Listening to: Innocence & Instinct - Red

so we are -what?- halfway through Lent right now. Almost there. Easter's just around the corner.
I don't know why I choose to do it this year, maybe it was just God pushing me and asking me to do something for him.
And seriously, Chocolate seems like this small thing. I don't think we realize how we have of it or whatever. And I usually only want it when i stress. Heh. Little did I know...
When you don't have much going on, you can over think too much about little things. And it's worse if somewhere down that road, you or someone else turns into something bigger.
Needless to say, I've been stressing big time and trying my hardest not to. Trying to calm down and not really let it show so much. *sigh*But doing Lent has been good. Because it's gotten me, for once, to lean on god more and pray first, not as a last resort. And my faith has grown in ways I never really expected. I've been able to stand by what I know is right. To say "No, this is not right and I will not compromise to the world's standards. I will not lower my standards for less than what God wants for me."
And as crap as I feel on the outside. As much as I want to rant and yell and just cry to no end, It's the also the best I've felt in a really long time.

Things are changing. Drastically. And if we don't stand for our beliefs--we'll pretty much be knocked down by everything else.
Feelings can only deceive and hurt us and lead us into dark places. But if we do the right thing, the thing that's usually hard to do, there is so much hope and promise at the end.
It doesn't makes sense to me why someone would not choose hope.
It just doesn't.

1 comment: