Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth

What came first? The music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns and watching violent videos, we're scared that some sort of culture of violence is taking them over...But nobody worries about kids listening to thousands -- literally thousands -- of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss.
Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable, or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?
~"Rob" in the movie High Fidelity played by John Cusack

There's no question that media and things in the world, people around us, influence us. But how much.
How much for those of us who constantly have music playing?
I know sometimes the answer is to change the music or turn it off. And I have before. There are days when I was I was in crappy moods and put on contemporary christian and some of it makes me feel extremely better for a bit but that doesn't there aren't still songs in that area that i can bury myself and my emotions into.
I've done it before. I have a stack full of cds of self-made mix's and playlists with one emotion or feeling to it. It's hard not to hide when you want to. it's hard to stand in the middle and be open when you want to keep so much closed in and not touch certain subjects.
Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable, or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

I'm going to end with a song. granted a popular song, but one that reflects a part of me currently.
And just because you're not "sober" from drinking or drugs or anything doesn't mean there arnt other things in the world that cant be considered an addiction that you can be sober from.

Sober-Pink

I don't wanna be the girl who laughs the loudest
Or the girl who never wants to be alone
I don't wanna be that call at four o'clock in the morning
'Cause I'm the only one you know in the world that won't be home

Aahh, the sun is blinding
I stayed up again Oohh, I am finding
That's not the way I want my story to end

I'm safe Up high Nothing can touch me
But why do I feel this party's over?
No pain Inside You're my protection
But how do I feel this good sober?

I don't wanna be the girl who has to fill the silence...
The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth
Please don't tell me that we had that conversation
When I won't remember, save your breath, 'cause what's the use?

Aahh, the night is calling And it whispers to me softly, "come and play"
Aahh, I am falling And if I let myself go, I'm the only one to blame

I'm safe Up high Nothing can touch me
But why do I feel this party's over?
No pain Inside You're like perfection
But how do I feel this good sober?

I'm comin' down Comin' down
Comin' down Spinnin' round
Spinnin' round Spinnin' round
Looking for myself.. Sober

Comin' down Comin' down
Comin' down Spinnin' round
Spinnin' round Spinnin' round
Looking for myself.. Sober

When it's good, then it's good, it's so good, 'till it goes bad
Till you're trying to find the you that you once had
I have heard myself cry Never again
Broken down in agony And just trying to find a friend

I'm safe Up high Nothing can touch me
But why do I feel this party's over?
No pain Inside You're like perfection
But how do I feel this good sober?

I'm safe Up high Nothing can touch me
But why do I feel this party's over?
No pain Inside You're like perfection
But how do I feel this good sober?

How do I feel this good sober?

1 comment:

  1. What a infοrmatiоn of un-ambiguіty and preservenеss оf preciοus
    knowledge regarding uneхpеcted emοtions.


    Feеl fгeе tо surf to my blοg;
    cheap party pills

    ReplyDelete