Friday, August 21, 2009

"embrace the stress!"

*Note: Thank you jenn for commenting my fbook status. It is the title of this blog entry.*

School starts on Monday.
I got my books today. (Okay-right now Im looking at Half.com and other sites to see if I cant find them any cheaper and then return the ones I got.)

I'm 90% ready for school. As in, Im signed in on my classes, I have books, I have pencils and papers and pens and folders and such.

But it has occurred to me this week that my stress is setting in.

So Id thought I would outline what symptoms of stress I've had.

Effects of stress ...
... On your body ... On your thoughts and feelings ... On your behavior
  • Headache
  • Back pain
  • Chest pain
  • Heart disease
  • Heart palpitations
  • High blood pressure
  • Decreased immunity
  • Stomach upset
  • Sleep problems
  • Anxiety
  • Restlessness
  • Worrying
  • Irritability
  • Depression
  • Sadness
  • Anger
  • Feeling insecure
  • Lack of focus
  • Burnout
  • Forgetfulness
  • Overeating
  • Undereating
  • Angry outbursts
  • Drug or alcohol abuse
  • Increased smoking
  • Social withdrawal
  • Crying spells
  • Relationship conflicts
Of that list I have
Upset Stomach
Sleep problems (At first it over sleeping and then last night, barely any sleep)
A lot of the feelings category (But seriously-I'm a girl. Ive got all of those all the time)
and crying spells.

And then I had a teacher tell us once that cleaning is a symptom. I usually get that onee, but not know. Maybe around Finals time my room will be spotless. =P

The only symptom I cant find online is dreams.

I've been having some pretty freaky dreams. I should write them down. Or start to, cause Ive forgotten half of the ones I had. But its always those weird feelings that came with the dreams that stick. Heh.

But I'll be fine.

I'm glad school is starting soon, because it means that much sooner that my stress will fade away. Or at least, I'll notice it less....

heheh.

Okay, off to enjoy the last weekend of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment