Sunday, August 2, 2009

Enjoy my inability to sleep

Currently:wondering if I should shower now or try and sleep for an hour or so before church.

I do not like rap or hip-hop. Well, esp the new stuff. If you play like classic hip-hop from like the 80s, then maybe I can get into it (saw The Proposal last night-had "it takes two to make a thing go right" stuck in my head all night long thank you).

But anyway. Im not one to dance and get into rap and all that dumb stuff. Sometimes I can get into beats but other than that, I hate what they talk about.

My point? This song and this song are two of my favorite songs.

Kaye West's Jesus Walks mainly because I dunno, its just nice to hear and remember, yea, he's walking with me and I need him.
I love that song. Dont necessarily like the artist but his music is crazy good.

And Tobymac's Irene. Funny story. I used to babysit for this woman who's husband was ina wheelchair and they had two sons. they went to a lot of football games so I usually got 5 hours of babysitting each time. The older son would fall asleep to this song on repea. I didnt know the name of it, but I had the words memorized after my third time there.

Went to youth convention 06 and they had tobyMac. I was sitting down, chilling. Did not know this artist, but then he started to sing this song and I got all uber-excited.
Its jsut funny cause he's like christian hip-hop or something and I dont listen to anything else closely related to him most of the time.

And I like the line "You got to reach up to touch rock bottom
The powers that be keep you downtrodden
Daughter of Zion, I heard your prayers"

Fun Fact: Im watching the video for this song for the first time. fun stuff.


Alright. Thats all. Now to see how much coffee I'll need to stay awake today.

1 comment:

  1. yayy now I have "Irene" stuck in my head! Ahaha. I like your blog! I shall read more often. (:

    ReplyDelete