Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am such a music nerd

Currently: watching M.A.S.H.

I am such a music nerd. I've known this from the day i switched from Violin to cello and knew it "fit me better" but here's more evidence.

My friend got me into this Anime called Princess Tutu. And after watching the first six episodes at his house, I watched the rest online and finished it the other night. It ended happy, but bittersweet. I was close to crying and laughing and..everything.
It has an abundance of Tchaikovsky music in it.

Whenever I watch, I feel the need to fall asleep to Tchaik. and then end up dreaming about ballerinas and ducks and then it turns into even weirder dreams.

I have cd's full of just Bach and Mozart. Whenever I choose those to fall asleep to, I get lost in the music. There's one cello solo suite by Bach that makes me dizzy just laying in bed.

And finally. Chopin. I went to the library yesterday and picked up a Chopin CD. App, its a 2-disk set. I laid in bed till like 3 not sleeping with the first cd on repeat and all I could think was "Chopin isn't a great composer to fall asleep to". So then I put in the second one and eventually fell asleep.

the thing that kind of shocked me, I was looking on the back of the cd. Chopin was around in the early 1800's. He was 39 when he died.

Thats kind of crazy. But for some odd reason it explained his music to me. His age.
And then another random thought: while listening to all the piano in his music and reading his amall bio, i thought "This is the kind of composer I would fall for. If I had been around in that time"

Gah. Haha. I know. Im a geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment