Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thankfulness/ Braids and sunburns

Currently: watching cold case. And chuckling at the fact that my typing class is starting to stick.

As almost all Holiday weekends are for me, my emotions have been a roller coaster. I've had crazy memories made, crazy good memories made, and a couple bad ones that I wish wouldn't stick out as much.
But in this moment, what I'm feeling most is thankfulness.
Thankfulness for my church. I've been there for almost half my life now, and nobody has stuck me into an image, or said I couldn't do something. They lift me up and I love it. The day I leave will be very sad.

Thankfulness for friends. Friends who laugh at the beyond stupid things I do and still love me, friends who tell me that everything will be okay when they don't even know whats going on, friends who can tell something happened but don't pry, and, especially, friends who can and are willing to give me rides. I swear, I would be locked up in my house with parents even more nnoyed at me If I didn't have friends who are willing to drop me at a sprinter/bus station or ride home or a ride half-way home. I love my friends.

And esp, thakfulness for God. I walked into church this morning tired, headachy, and broken after a few short hours or bad sleepa dna couple events that seemed to ruin a whole good days mood. But within an hour, I was praising and praying, and then teaching kids about Truth. Man I love those kids. I cant say I know for sure if my future is to work with kids or youth, but I honestly love working with both.

Okay, and now a word of advice.
If you are going to spend all day in the sun, like go to the beach or something, do not wear braids.
I wore braids to the bro-Am last week and as I was I pulling my hair into braids again yesterday for the fourth, I realized that the one single line of skin on my head that was exposed was peeling.
Yes, my head got sunburned.
Its annoying. Heh.
Anyways, three weeks of summer semester left. Homework time.

No comments:

Post a Comment