Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Prayer for Prayer

Currently: half-asleep.

I realize the statement "Prayer for prayer" sound s a lot like when you go on myspace and you have those friends and do the "pc4pc" bulletins (If you comment their pics-they will comment yours).
But I mean it as praying for prayer. As in, I have been praying for prayer. Over the past couple years, I am always just looking and trying to figure how to deepen my relationship with God and..something like become a stronger Christian, follower, and even leader-like things.
One thing I've always known is that Im not that great at praying over others or with others. Like when my family goes out to dinner-I never like being the person who prays over all the food.
And then-there are sometimes when it comes naturally to me. Like closing prayer in a small group once or twice.

But it never ceases to amaze me-everytime I think about it or really prayer about it, God helps me. Like on Sunday we have half an hour of just everyone praying before service and this week they wanted us to pair up and pray for each other. Most weeks Im busy or end up praying silently or something. And Im not saying my prayer was crazy good or anything just that it shocked me.
I did that thing of letting myself surprise myself again.

The other thing about prayer-Im not a person to ask for it. I only tend to ask for it when something happens in my family. Something big or semi-big. So again, just wanted to say, any prayers said or thought for my family and I are so so so much very appreciated.
I'm bad at thanking people, so here it is: Thank you. It means a lot.

Anyways, that was all o the little ephiphany I had. Off to bed soon here. Three days of missed school. I need to get there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment