Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Just some independence. A taste, really.

Cureently: has this song stuck in my head. (Maybe I'll be over it by friday. HEHEHE. Okay Corny joke time over...)

This week feels weird.
And it's not JUST because Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I get to see Switchfoot on Friday.
Or that I was sick this weekend and still feel out of it.

My brother was in hospital for two days. Nothing huge or horrible, just had an EEG so the doctors can see how his brain works (and they were trying to induce an seizure. heh) (He's autistic and has seizures. it was scary for a bit but he's much better now)

My parents had to stay with him and I had the apartment to myself for two days.

My mom called and let me know he was in the wing next to the one where I had my back surgery almost 7 years (dude. Im old. Heheheh)

For some reason it made me think independence. When i was in the hospital, my mom stayed the first two nights and my parents came every day but I was alone during the night.
And yes, my brother needed someone in the room with him at all times, but both my parents stayed with him.

Is it because Im older I have more reign to do things?
I mean, except for some major parts of my Junior and Senior year, my parents have essentially always trusted me and let me do things.
I think its in myself that I dont understand how I deserved it. I'm my own worst critic, just knowing how easily it can all be broken.

Maybe its that I can take care of myself where as my brother needs to watched to make sure he's not alone when he seizures.

But my family is home now and all I could think this morning was "wow. I could totally do the whole living alone thing. I mean sure..I could be a little hermity but ... I get stuff done. I can focus on homework, chores. If I get lonely I just IM someone and find a movie / tv show online to watch to feel like other people are talking to me. I could actually do this."

Of course. Its probably different with the added stress of bills and a job and...yea. Heheh.

Final point-Trust and responsibility and all that change once you're 18. You are your own person. Even though I still live with parents and depend on them for shelter and food, I am my own person. The whole independence thing is different when its your own.

(Okay song change. This. and then because I need to hear the original. THIS.)

Well..thats all. Random thoughts from the past couple of days.
Tomorrow? Turkey day!
Friday? SWITCHFOOT
And then three weeks of studying and school and finals.

Weeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment