Saturday, June 12, 2010

Home is a concept.

I think for every thousands of people that want out of where they are and into California,
there is at least one Californian who wants out.

I am that Californian.

I cant even really explain it.
Not in ways that make sense.

It could always be as simple as I've been in the same city since I was 3, the same county my entire life, I have that traveling itch, that wanderlust, and just...out.

And that I spent three weeks away from home. Two in Ohio with a best friend and family and one week kind of close to home with my boyfriend.

The more time I spend away from home, the less I miss it.
The less it becomes home in my heart.

Only in Church or near the ocean or in the rain or while flying do I feel home.
When Im close to God.
In my own personal way.


This is not to say I dont love my life.
I do. I have a great life. And Ive had great experiences. Both here and many other places.

But my life is changing and I know that my home will change with that.
To where and when I dont know yet. I just do know that it will.

1 comment:

  1. the same for me, im not sure where my home truly is, its kind of a blur to me

    ReplyDelete