Sunday, May 2, 2010

2 Videos, 1 song, 1 article, 1 hour.

I want share stuff with you guys.
(Im embedding videos so if you're reading this on facebook it might look odd. Go here.)

First video:
Jon Acuff posted this on Stuff Christians Like and I loved it.
Its a video of the author of Eat, Love, Pray talking about creativity and maybe it's just the song writer in me, but I love how she describes it. Its 20 mins long but so worth watching. Or even just playing in the background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA&feature=player_embedded


Video 2:
This is a video of Jon Acuff.
Ive recommended his blog before and would recommend the book if I had but here he is speaking at a church in LA a week or two back.
Its 4o mins long but again-worth it. Watch it, or just play in the background. so good.
http://vimeo.com/11142740

Be Sick, Be Loved from Foundry LA on Vimeo.

"Be Sick, Be Loved"

by Jonathan Acuff :: 04.20.10 :



Jonathan is the author of the book & blog "Stuff Christians Like". Does the stuff we like, ever get in the way of the God we love? :: FoundryLA.org



And lastly. A song by Jonathan Foreman.
I forget if I've shared it before but it came on my mp3 while walking to church tonight and I put it on repeat. I had it playing in my head while I prayed for ten mi9nutes in silence.
I listen to it and make up a cello part in my head.
No for reals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UME9VrqicdE


And also. Jon wrote another piece for the huffington post.
Its about heroes, one namely: Joan of arc. Its my favorite by far. Go read it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-foreman/the-dark-horse-joan-of-ar_b_558967.html
"The Dark Horse: Joan of Arc, Elliot Smith and Me"
"I raise my voice to the dark horses -- cry enormous tears, my friends! Suffer enormous defeats! Challenge Michael Jordan to a game. Give him a wink and throw him off guard. Yes, you are the underdog. But your fate does not rest in your circumstance but rather in your shameless expectancy, your cocky conviction, your unblushing expectancy."

No comments:

Post a Comment