Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day - a video, a poem, and a picture.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmecyCCdknk&feature=player_embedded

This next video is more for my own mom.

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.



http://vimeo.com/11305685

And finally. A mothers day poem I wrote a year ago. It was printed out on bookmarks and passed around my church to a bunch of moms and I never shared it farther than that.

I love my mom. I love a lot of moms.
Happy Mothers Day all.

I want to celebrate the Moms
in my life.
We all do ~ the
children you've loved.
Not just today,
but every single day.
Because as much as we all
whine and moan over how
you act, we love who you are.
As much as we hate your
looks at our taste in clothes,
we are glad you wash them
for us.
Much as we dislike green
veggies or fish, we are glad
you slave in the kitchen
cooking for us.
Every single day, we may not
like how much of a mom you
can be, But we will always
love how much of a mom you
are to us.
Because you follow Eve and
Naomi and Mary, become
Proverbs 31,
Because your love extends
past those with your own
blood and name,
Because you are the only ones
beside God we let look at our
bruised and broken hearts,
and because you have the
motherly love to help heal
them,
We Love You.
Happy Mothers Day,
every day.
May God bless you, for all
the caring and love you put in
this world.

P.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment