Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life events can take their toll on you.

Currently: half-watching The Four Feathers and doing random facebook stuff.

This week has been a weird one for me.
First off-I started school again. And not even another high school or the adult program at a college-but actual community college. And not just one class during high school- but as a starting off college student.
I've used parts of brain more, written more, come home not exhausted, but brain-dead.
And then today. i though maybe a good day-have the apartment to myself and get my typing stuff done.
but instead i was just bored.
my body adjusted back to school and study mode so quickly that couldn't quite enjoy my day off.

Maybe a part of it was something that happened this week. On Wed my brother had a seizure. Now he has Ausbergers, which is this really mild form of Autism, but if his sleeping scheadule gets thrown-like he takes a couple random naps-he might have a seizure.
The first one was 2 summers ago. It's been a long time since he's had one.
He had two within the past week.
So he went to the doctor Wed and today.
Now he has to take daily anti-seizure medication.

I dont know what to feel for him.
Ive been in that place where I was supposed to take daily meds and they were horrible. I hated it and still dont have good feelings towards anti-depressants.
He's also getting that kind of attention no one likes to get. From parents and doctors and every one you know. He saw me go through it and since the seizures started, he's understood better and not liked it himself.

And then I get thoughts like-what is with my family? That one little thing happens in our lives and after some time we have to take pills? And see a doctor every so months?
Is it us? Or is it the world?

We also have to shave his head in a month for one of those brain scans. And the pills might reduce his appetite, which could help him lose weight.
But I dont trust it.
I have more trust that God will do something.

Im hoping for better for him. Better than what I went through. He's smarter than I was.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Amy, sounds like you've been having a tough time. I'll say a prayer for you...
    This probably sounds a little cliche, or easier said than done or something, but remember that God does have a purpose for everything. It'll all come out right in the end! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks so much Erin.
    I just worry. I need more trust in my faith right now.
    *hug*

    ReplyDelete