Saturday, June 6, 2009

God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.

God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing. -C.S.Lewis

Currently:
Taking a break from putting numbers in my new cell.
Listening to Sooner or Later (Elektra Version)-Switchfoot.

I like this version better than the album version. Heh.

So someone brought up that this is the weekend that the Switchfoot bro-Am usually happens. Not this year.
This reminded of something.
You see, I had this really stupid fling or w/e something and I ended up breaking it off right before the Bro-Am last year. (No-I didn't plan to break-up with someone before summer started, last year was crazy enough in itself)

But basically, my point is, I've been single for a year now.
I'm not sure what to feel. Part of me feels accomplished. I promised myself and God no dating for at least two years and I've made it to my essential half-way point, even with certain things that have happened.
I know it's not huge or big by any means, but I'm bad at keeping certain promises, and I'm over the moon that this pact between me and God is holding strong.

There is another part of me that feels lonely, but I think that just comes with being single. I've dealt with, over the past few months, my wants and needs, and how different they are.
How, after a while, I do want to date again, but am not quite ready, even if there is or isnt a great guy waiting in the wings for me. God only knows right?
I'm trusting God on this.
He'll tell me when the time is right.

Wow.Anyways, playing a duet of sorts in worship tomorrow (with the worship pastor-she plays keyboard) I have the melody part. Eep.
Night all. Have a great and blessed Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment