Thursday, July 1, 2010

Celloly Nerdness. (And some other music too)

Okay. Lets Start July off right.
With a post about music. Mostly cello stuffs too.

First off. A musician Ive fallen in love with. Zoe Keating.
Her new album is out and I love it. I have no money to get my hands on it yet but...soon.
Meanwhile its streaming free here.

Now, chances are, I already posted about this. BUT.
Here's the amazing thing about this woman. Not only did she come out with a new album, but she had a baby last month. (if you follow her on twitter, it is the the most beautiful baby)
But. Her new album? Debuted on Billboard Classical albums at #7.
#7.
With "No marketing, no publicity: just digital dwnlds"
And you people question me saying she's good. She really is!!!


ALRIGHT.
Next. Another cellist.
That I just found yesterday.
Gordon Withers.
Yet ANOTHER cellist (Unwoman) re twittered that any cellist who messaged him on twitter got his new album for free.

How. could. I. resist?
and its so good. (streaming free here)
Its good.

(Speaking of Unwoman, I got a poster from her for free. I haven't put it up yet but - cool, right?)

Okay next.
Yet another new cellist Ive found.
Not necessarily her music but her blog and book.
Emily Wright. She wrote this book.
"
A Modern Cellist's Manual: Technique, Approach and Musings"
"
A very different sort of cello method, A Modern Cellist's Manual combines technical information and plenty of photographs with advice on approach. Topics addressed range from the basics of a painless bow grip to injury avoidance, working with a metronome, and tenor clef. Emily's tone and sense of humor lighten the mood of any practice session. A Modern Cellist's Manual is suitable for those taking private lessons as well as returning cellists looking to bolster rusty technique."

I waaaannnntttttt.


NNNEEXXXXXXTTTTT.
A story.
Keith Tutt is a cellist. He also has solo msuic where he sings and plays guitar but I know him as cellist for Switchfoot.
And an incredibly nice guy who always remembers me. (I think its the whole introducing myself as playing cello too...)
But I saw him at the bro-Am and he remembered me. Was so nice about it too. Told me how he's working on solo stuff and wants to play bro-am by himself next year.
YES PLEASE.

I also had the really random thought about him and me sitting around talking about cello stuff all day.
Oh I would love it. And then have him teach me the cello parts to switchfoot songs.
Hehehehe.

I feel like Im getting off track now. There was something else I wanted to post.
Was it about me and the music I downloaded to start playing and practicing? Or how I bought a coldplay album yesterday?
Or that Dustin Ruth album I finally listened to and feel in love with?

Maybe I should just do a weekly music post so I dont bombard you all with all this. heheheh.
That is all.

Celloly yours,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment