Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Is this just another trend or? What?

Currently: feeling off kilter. And I have Relient K's "This Week The Trend" stuck in my head (haven't listened to it in MONTHS btw...)

Facebook is funny. Its one of things that starts with good intentions and purposes.
Connect with family and friends from your past or from now, this just makes it easier to know whats going on in their life.

I like my facebook. Make fun of me, but i like playing farmville and de-stressing a little bit every day when I harvest something or pretend Im a great farmer. (Ive actually been planting flowers lately, so Im more of a florist I guess...)
I like being able to talk to people in other countries and states I dont get to see.

I dont like what its been reduced to though.

Maybe we just need better etique rules for this generation, what with our cell phones and laptops.

But-Is it not just me? Shouldnt bigger peices of news be told in person?

I mean, I et it if you cant tell the person face-to-face, or if soething like your facebook or myspace is the only way you CAN contact them...

But if someone is relatively close to you. Or was at some point in your life. Shouldn't you at least, make a phone call? A text message at least (although big pieces of news through text can be horribly tacky...) ?

Maybe this is a the trend among my generation (sadly). We let people know about engagements, marriages, career changes, and such all the same way now.

Its like we've lost the touch of talking to people in the face and through personal touch.

The thing is, Im hoping and not hoping its a trend.

Because if it is, trends come and go. Maybe in some years, we'll find a better way to handle this thing.

But if it is, I'll probably get sucked in.

What?

Because yes, I am, with a few too many things, a hypocrite.

Its when I was 8 and said I never be into disney artists. And now still hold in my heart a soft spot for Justin Timberlake.

Its when I was 10 and said Id never be "that kind of teenager". And at 19 look back and wish my junior year I had grown up faster. (Mom/Dad if you're reading this-Im sorry. I know I'll pay till my dieing day for the antics I did and the pain I caused the family that year or two. I love you.)

All this meaning-I hope I dont let everybody in my life know earth-shattering news through facebook first. Id like to tell some of you to your face.

I know its human. We say things. We go back on them. Which is why maybe I learned to not say a lot. Not make definite promises. Life happens. We do things we never really thought we would. We fall in and out of trends and into our own styles.

I want this not to be our lives. For this to be a trend and go away and leave us with a normal "how thing used to be" kind of life.

I should know better. The world has become a constant rotation of different trends.

But that doesnt mean we should we live that way.

Just because we live in this world doesn't mean we're a whole complete part of it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment