Monday, December 7, 2009

Something in the weather

Currently: happy to see crazy winds and wet ground outside my window. :) Also laughing that at all the songs playing have the word "rain" in them. I didn't make this playlist with that intention.

I think its the rain that proves I'm not a true Californian at heart.
I love it way too much.
I like better than most any other type of weather. (Snow is great -but Ive only experienced it a few times).

Maybe its just cause I see more of God it the rain.
Maybe it inspires me to write more, write better.
Maybe because I'm that much like my dad and it makes me sleep better, puts me more at peace.
Maybe because in my mind, its not the holiday season in So Cal until the rain hits.

I went to lunch with the family yesterday and it hit on the way home that I can wear my jingle bell earrings now that's its December.
Yes jingle bell earrings. I have a pair that are hoops with little bells and a pair of dangly ones with six little bells each.
I love them. Love how I hear them every time I move my head.
(Thank you Walgreen's and your cheap $1 earrings...)

Something about it being Dec 7 and me not being totally Christmas mode is a bit weird.
But the rain sealed that. I feel like listening to Christmas music and wearing socks (yes, wearing socks. I never wear them except for a few days in this month) and wearing crazy things like jingle earrings and hair hings that have bells in them.

There's something in this rainy weather for me most definitely. I love it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment