Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is this the New Year?

"Don't let New Beginnings end in Old Endings. Here's to new mistakes for with them comes new learning." - Keith Tutt, II




Is this the New Year or just another night?

Is this the new fear or just another fright?
Is this the new tear or just another desperation?

...

It'll be a day like this one
When the world caves in

I'm singing this one like a broken piece of glass
For broken hearts and broken noses in the back
Is this the New Year or just another desperation?

...

Is there nothing left now?
Nothing left to sing
Are there any left who haven't kissed the enemy?
Is this the New Year or just another desperation?
Does justice never find you?
Do the wicked never lose?
Is there any honest song to sing besides these blues?

And nothing is okay
Until the world caves in
Until the world caves in, until the world caves in...
The Blues-Switchfoot


When she's near the new new years here
And there's not a resolution I can't do
When She's Near-Fiction Family

I never *got* new years.
I mean, I get, We've had this Holiday season of thanksgiving and Christmas and good feelings and we'll finish it off by celebrating anew year.

Maybe because its more of a party type holiday.
Me? Im happy sitting here listening to music. I look forward to listening to "The Blues" as the first song of the year.
I look forward to seeing how many books I can read before school resumes.

Not to put new years down.
But I mean-Its not magical to me anymore. I talk to people across the world who are already in tomorrow almost daily.
Its just time passing, moving along.
10 years ago I was nine and news had me thoroughly convinced that the world would end THAT night.
Seriously. I was putting my name on things in ym room and was 100% convinced that I was going to meet God.

Now here I am, looking at the world say the world will end soon.
Again.

...
Really??!?

The world will end when Jesus comes back.
And that day?? Well only God knows when that is.

Im not trying to dump on New Years.
Its great. To go back, see how a year in your life went, hope the net one is better, its great.

2009 was good to me. The last couple years of my life and felt crazy and this year I got this place where I more or less realized who I am and was okay with it, despite everything else.

But I want 2010 to be great.
And Ive realized great amazing things dont start out that way. They come from the normalcy.
They are the stumbled upon things, the things we pass every day waiting to be looked at.
but not just looked at, but really looked upon.

but that? It takes time. Everything in life takes time, and Im fine with it.

As impatient as I get with some things, Im willing to wait.
I know someday great things will happen, and Im willing to sit back and just be me until it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment