Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to the planet...

Currently: rubbing my nose. Yes, really.

(Here's to day 1 of posting for an entire month. Yes I procrastinated till last min)

I couldnt help but think of "Welcome" songs today. I mean, we rejoice and celebrate and all of this when we have a new king of life- a recovery, a person, an animal, something.

And now we have this new year.

And it seems like everyone is welcoming it. Its not that 2009 was a horribly bad year for year, but in some ways, its been harder than most.

But thats good sometimes.

The more we struggle, the more we see how strong we are.
We get pushed past our breaking points.
We think that we lose hope only to take one ,more step and fall into entire oceans of it.
The lonelier we become, the more we reach out to others around us to pull together.

I want this year to be something like that. I want to find something extraordinary in our everyday life.
I mean, why shouldnt we?

Ive seen the craziest things happen, Like Stuff Christians Like getting people to donate $60,000 to build two schools in Vietnam despite us being in a horrible recession.

I feel hope and change for this year. And not the kind that Obama talked about and promised.

But the kind that comes form ourselves. the kind that comes from God alone. Our own hope. Our own change. Our lives, powers, freedoms, experiences.

Welcome 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment