Monday, December 28, 2009

Switchfoot Insomniatica

Currently: listening to bootlegs from my first ever switchfoot concert. :D

For the record, Im not having bad case of insomnia, Im just not tired enough to sleep but being up this late makes me look like Im an insomniatic. (Which Im sure amuses "the aussies" if theyre reading this. I know its your favorite word Emily. :ph34r:)
((I SHOULD be tired. I started cleaning my room today and usually that drains me but I started cleaning it out of frustration and annoyance so Im more just emotionally kind of drained. I mean, cleaning is better than taking it out on someone and getting in trouble with the parents. Its productive too!))
(((Im not even sure what the title of this blog is supposed to mean. blame it on the insomnia? Hehe...)))

Heeeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeesssss the thing. I got an mp3 for Christmas.
My parents researched and its a Sony 8gig, which apparently, Sony hasnt made great ones before but this one is good.

I mean, its got good sound quality. Heh. Actually its great. Ive just been spoiled by having an iPod once in my life. (And oh do I miss it.)

ANYWAYS. So Ive slept the last couple days putting on music, and tonight I found my old Switchfoot bootlegs. So I put them on and listened. I have all 9 from my first Switchfoot concert.

And not to be a Switchfoot freak, but MEMORIES!

(Who remembers the bootlegs? Amazing! And the letting us pick a song that theyd play at the show we we're going to?? LOVE IT!)

Oh my. The whole Jon saying hi to his hometown, and Keith! Keith played at my first concert!
I keep playing the last two songs over and over cause I can pick out his cello in this songs- I love it.

And then I remembered that this was the O!G. tour. Over two and a half years ago.

And how the O!G. album turned 3 on Saturday. Three years since the last album before HH.

Wow.

It blows my mind all the life that has happened in between and since.

Between my first concert and my last one, which was, epic. I cant put the whole of it into words.

Oh my. I think they play Lonely Nation differently now and daisy never ceases to amaze. Same with learning to breathe.

ohand.

One thing.

Whenever I play "Sing It Out" it always reminds of the stuff played between the songs. And I listen to these 9 songs and I hear it. I hear the beginning glimpses of what the guys were going through. What HH became, what future albums might become y'know?

This band..you go back and you see it. You see how theyve grown from these 3 college kids trying to make an album to a five-piece band of great down-to-earth people who do so so sooooo many great things.

It leaves me in awe.

It left me in awe at my first concert, and 5 years and 3 days after getting my album by them, it still leaves me in awe.

I think what I love most though, is that this is NOT the last time I feel like this. I'll dig out an album of theirs, a song, a poster, pictures, SOMETHING, and be reminded once again.

I love this band. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment